Avant Gardner is a 6,000 capacity event complex that houses three distinct areas: the outdoor Brooklyn Mirage during the summer season, and the indoors Great Hall and Kings Hall open year-round.
WHO YOU ARE.
- Someone who has integrity, a passion for hospitality, and a desire for excellence.
- Someone who is high energy with an outgoing personality.
- Someone who possesses the ability to multitask, think on their feet, and problem-solve.
- Someone who can keep calm under high pressure situations.
The position will be responsible for, the overall member and guest experience from arrival to departure. This is a hybrid role, which combines assisting guests in linking their credit cards with their wristbands, selling venue merchandise, handling all guest relations issues, etc:
- Work with Operations team to ensure the highest quality experience for our guests during events.
- Aid with the set-up and break-down of the guest relations booth and Billfold areas.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Exhibit professionalism when speaking to guests and communicating information.
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of venue operations and upcoming events.
- Resolve and document Guest concerns and complaints in person.
- Accurately handle multiple types of transactions, including: cash, credit, etc.
- Collect lost and found items during event.
- Be an advocate for new initiatives within the venue.
- Any other tasks as assigned.
- Must have 2+ years related experience in hospitality operations with a proven track record of leading a professional, efficient, high quality, service-oriented operation.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be highly organized, efficient and detail oriented.
- Must have excellent interpersonal/relationship building skills.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Drive.
- Must have a strong business aptitude.
- Must be able to work on your feet as well as stationary for at least 12 hours during events.
- Must be willing to work long shifts, including overnight shifts.
- Fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the club to others.
- Must be able to move, pull, carry or lift at least 20 pounds.